Wednesday 24 September 2014

So I've decided to start writing a blog about star clusters...

So I've decided to start writing a blog about star clusters!

For those that don't know, I'm a professional astronomer studying star clusters and star formation. That's what I do, 40 hours a week!

OK, not 40 hours a week, I have some teaching to do as well, and I supervise various research students, and I have to do bits and bobs of admin as well.

But most of the time, that's what I do. Research! It's one one the great joys of being a postdoc: I get paid to do research!

So this blog will be about my job studying star clusters, star formation, and stars in general. It'll include news and recent developments in the field, my own research results, and those of other people in the field. It'll probably also include other results and exciting developments in astronomy. I'll try and give you all a view of what life is like as a professional astronomer, the joys of discovery, and the pleasures of science. I'll also try and include some information and background on star clusters so you can learn about these amazing objects that I study!

Anyway, let's get on with it! Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment